Monday, June 10, 2013

Education

Education make a people easy to lead, but
difficult to drive: easy to govern, but impossible to enslave. Education
is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire. Tell me and
I'll forget. Show me, and I may not remember. Involve me, and I'll
understand. What we learn with pleasure we never forget. Education is
simply the soul of a society as it passes from one generation to
another. Instruction ends in the
school-room, but education ends only with life. It is in fact a part of
the function of education to help us escape, not from our own time --
for we are bound by that -- but from the intellectual and emotional
limitations of our time. Whatever is good to know is difficult to learn.
Greek Proverb What sculpture is to a block of marble, education is to
the human soul. What we have learned from other becomes our own
reflection. Ralph Waldo Emerson. If a nation expects to be ignorant and
free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and will
never be. Practice is the best of all instructors. Education is the
transmission of civilization. UP Nigeria

No comments:

Post a Comment