Thursday, July 25, 2013

ORIKI IFA 2

ORIKI IFÁ (Praising the Divination set)
Ifá ji - o Òrúnmìlà. Bi olo l - oko, ki o wa le o. Ifa awake oh Spirit of Destiny. If you are going to the farm, you should return home.
Bi olo l - lodo, ki o wa le - o. If you are going to the river, you should return home.
Bi olo l - ode, ki o wa le - o. If you are going on the hunt, you should return home. * Place the bowl of ikin on the ground to the left.
Mo fi ese re te - le bayi. I take your foot and press the ground like this. * Place the bowl on the mat.
Mo fi ese re te ori eni bayi, mo gbe o ka l-ori eni ki o le gbe mi ka l - ori eni titi lai. I take your foot and press the top of the mat, I carry you to sit on the mat so you can carry me to sit on the mat. * Place the bowl on the tray.
Mo gbe o ka l - ori opon Ifá ki o le gbe mi ka l - ori opon Ifá titi lai. I carry you to sit on Ifa's tray so that you can carry me to sit on Ifa's tray forever. * Draw a line around the bowl clockwise.
Mo ko - le yi o ka ki o le ko - le, yi me ka ki o le jeki omo yi mi ka ki o le jeki owo yi mi ka. I build a house around you so you can build a house around me so you can let children surround me so that you can let money surround me. * Erase the line with a feather.
Mo juba - o, mo juba - o. Iba se, iba se, iba se. I give respect, I give respect. I give praise, I give praise, I give praise. * Sprinkle iyerosun on the floor.
Ile mo juba, iba se. Earth, I give you respect and praise. * Mark a line from the center to the top of the tray.
Mo la ona fun tororo ki o le la ona fun mi tororo ki o le jeki omo to ona yi wa s - odo mi ki o le jeki owo t o ona yi wa s - odo mi. I open a straight road for you so you can open a straight road for me so you can let my children take this road to my presence so you can let money take this road to my presence. * Stir the Iyerosun on the floor with a feather.
Mo se il e bayi. I do this on the ground. * Stir the iyerosun tray. Mo se opon bayi. I do this on the tray. * Tap on the tray.
A - gun s e - o a - gun se. Bi akoko g - ori igi a se, a - gun se - o, a - gun se. To climb and chatter, to climb and chatter. If the West African grey woodpecker mounts the top of the tree it will chatter, to climb and chatter, to climb and chatter.
Bi agbe ji a ma s e, a - gun se - o, a - gun se. If the agbe bird awakes to climb and chatter, to climb and chatter, to climb and chatter.
Bi aluko ji a ma se, a - gun se - o, a - gun se. If the woodpecker awakes it will chatter, to climb and chatter, to climb and chatter.
Iba se (Name of Orisa ) Oba aiye ati Oba Orun iba yin o. I praise (Name of Spirit) Chief on Earth, Chief in Heaven I give you praise.
Òrúnmìlà boru, Òrúnmìlà boye, Òrúnmìlà bosise. Spirit of Destiny lift my burden from the earth and offer it to Heaven. * Clap hands three times. Adupe - o. I give thanks. * Count out sixteen Ikin from the bowl.
A tun ka li asiwere ika owo re. To count again is how a mad man counts his money.
Iba Oluwo. Iba Ojugbona. Iba a ko ni li - fa. Iba a te ni l - ere. I praise the chief priest. I praise my teacher. I praise all those who have taught me Ifa. I praise the one who pressed my hand into the mud.
Iba a ko bayi. Iba a te bayi. Iba gbodipete. Iba kukubole. I praise those who do this. I praise those who mark Ifa. I praise the termite hill. I praise the ant hill.
Iba okuta. Iba loko. Iba lodo. I praise the stone. I praise the farm. I praise the river.
* Replace the Ikin in the bowl.
Oro kan so ko si awo n - ile oro kan so ko si agba n - ile. Ase. One world alone does not drive a diviner from home. One world alone does not driver an elder from home. May it be so.

No comments:

Post a Comment